So, if you've been noticing, both my commissions and personal art has become increasingly sporadic since mid-2014. I figured, with the dust settling from the worst of what's happened in the past two years, allow me to give y'all a quick update on what's been happening. (Note: I may have hinted on some of these topics at different points in time on art descriptions, journals and personal communiques with y'all.)
- First of all, I graduated from university. Yay, I guess. This explains my absence between 2014 and 2015, as most of my time was spent working on my thesis (which I barely passed).
- My grandfather passed away late 2014, which threw a wrench in my schedule, as I had to play catch-up at school after having to attend to the week-long wake with family.
- I started my first job in May of 2015. I stayed there for six months, enduring a horribly underpaid, understaffed and overworked crew of three (eventually just two). Sixteen-hour workdays were common then. I left informally (as I did not sign a contract anyways).
- My laptop of two years decided to die due to a faulty charger in September of 2015. It was repaired, but at great cost, and I lost most of my previous data.
- I received a Surface tablet from my aunt and uncle for Christmas, and it too somehow went INOP for two months, but came back online.
- I applied for and got into my current job, which is just as hectic and demanding as the last job, but at least I have six other people to share the load with this time.
- I was twice denied a US Visa, which I intended to use to attend BronyCon 2015 and 2016. Eventually, as per agreement with my crowdfunding donors, we settled to use the proceeds to build me a workstation (which I'm producing art with now.)
- Due to some long-seated anxiety, I started seeing a psychiatrist back in June 2016. I was cleared to not need constant therapy sessions after around two months, but I'm advised to come meet periodically to monitor my progress.
...which brings me to where I am now. I am now trying my best to get back in the groove art-wise, and I've recently posted my first art piece in months. I've also been working on the Rogue Diamond
comic crew (illustrated by Pia-sama
) as a weapons illustrator. I promise I'll be posting more stuff as soon as I can make them.
To those who have commissioned me, please remind me of your commissions. Some have been around for years, I know, and I'm really, really sorry for the delays. (These delays weigh heavily on my mind, you know.)
Some might think I've been evasive about things lately - it's not the case. Between a six-day-a-week dayjob, the four hours of traffic jams daily that I have to endure, the bills, my ailing grandmother, managing my local brony group (and the upcoming SEAPonyCon
), please check them out), and my personal grievances in life, I've been finding it harder to make the time necessary to art. But I'm not giving up.
And I appeal to those who follow me not to give up on me either.